Jul 5, 2009

Meet the Kato's

I challenge all of you to find a nicer/cooler/greater Japanese family than Miki, Yoshi and Ao Kato of Kawasaki City. You can scour the country from Nagasaki to Sapporo and you will come up empty. This past weekend all of us were sent out to spend the weekend with Japanese families and I am pretty sure I hit the jackpot with my host family. The Kato's could not have been more gracious and welcoming. They put me up, fed me, drove me around and even let me watch the strangest Japanese kid show ever with young Ao.

The most memorable part of the weekend, other than the fact that I was staying with three great people, was our trip to the Kawasaki Daishi Temple. Another one of those "I am so lucky to be in this exact moment right now" moments.

Funny cultural/lack of common language moment of the weekend: at Dinner on Saturday night I mentioned that I like to eat pizza. For breakfast on Sunday morning Miki makes me.......... pizza! I have eaten a lot of pizza in my life but never for breakfast. This definitely opens up a whole new world of opportunities for me.

Now I am off to the Tokyo Stock Exchange.