Apr 1, 2009

From the Classroom volume 14

It’s getting close to the end. Not much time left before the EOCT, even less time before Spring Break. Is there a more perfect time for a student centered cooperative lesson?

I open my discussion of exchange rates with a small auction using two currencies (an example can be found in the Capstone book, Lesson 42) to get the students familiar with the concept of floating exchange rates. Then, I reinforce this with a lesson based on “Foreign Exchange Rates” in International Economics.

Although I have updated much of the material and strengthened the section on why currencies appreciate/ depreciate, what appeals to me (the guy lucky enough to be paid to teach international trade to seniors counting down the hours ‘til graduation) is the idea of declaring some of them “experts” and making them responsible for disseminating that info.